I Went Crazy at Whole Foods the other day and spent $72.00 on all natural ingredients to make a Mexican lasagna…. Can you make this non-organic for WAYYYY cheaper and still get the same result??? ABSOLUTELY! I recommend it =)
(1 regular size lasagna)
1 Lb. fresh ground Turkey Breast (This I would keep organic to avoid nasty hormones and chemicals)
1 Packet Taco Seasoning (Any will do mine was from Whole Foods)
3 cloves of garlic- Minced or pressed
1/2 Red bell pepper-diced
1/2 Green Bell pepper-diced
1 Cup Frozen Corn
1 15 oz. Tub of Low-Fat Ricotta Cheese
1 Pkg RP’s Pasta Company Fresh Egg Lasagna Sheets (can use any lasagna noodle you prefer)
1 160z Can Fat Free Refried Beans with Green Chilies
1 40z Can Diced Green Chilies
1/2 Small onion- Diced
3 Pablano Peppers diced (Depending on your spice like keep or remove the seeds I used about 3/4 of the seeds and got a decent spice)
1 15oz can Mexican Stewed Tomatoes
3/4 Cups Fat-free Sour Cream + Sour Cream for topping
1/4 Cup Favorite Salsa + some for topping
3/4 Cups Fiesta Blended Shredded Cheese
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375 degrees
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet on medium-low heat along with onions, bell peppers and garlic
- Once turkey is almost fully cooked add green chilies, pablano peppers, corn and stewed tomatoes let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl combine ricotta cheese and 1/4 Cup fiesta blend cheese and mix; set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine half the can of refried beans and salsa to make a beany/salsa mixture and spread on the bottom of your lasagna pan.
- Layer your lasagna noodles directly on top of the bean/salsa mixture.
- Next a layer of Ricotta mixture
- Next the turkey mixture
- Noodle layer
- Ricotta layer
- turkey Mixture
- Noodle layer
- Cover with the remaining Fiesta Blend Shredded Cheese
- Tent pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove foil and bake until cheese has a golden brown color about 10 mins. ( I broiled mine @ 550 for about 5 minutes)
I made this recipe up as I went and didn’t record it until now… So please feel free to add feedback!!