Bacon & Egg Bouquets

This morning I was browsing through my Comfort Food Cookbook Diet by Taste of Home and came across a recipe they called “Bird’s Nest Breakfast cups” I got inspired and added my own twist on it and since I think they look like little roses I’m calling them Bacon & Egg Bouquets. They’re really good, and totally healthy! I originally planned to have these ready for Scott but unfortunately for him, time was tight and the weather was bad. The OCD blogger in me would not let him even try 1 until I snapped about 200 photos. He had to leave with out even a tiny taste. Sorry Babe, better luck next time! So I had these delsih bouquets all to myself! I’m so cruel.

Serves 4 – Makes 16 Mini Muffin “Bouquets”

Ingredients:

16 Pieces Turkey Bacon

1 ½ Cups Egg Whites (I used the whites from 10 Eggs)

½ Roma tomato- Diced

½ Avocado- Diced

Salt & Pepper to taste

Goat Cheese

Fresh Basil

Pre-Heat oven to 350°F.

Cook bacon on oiled/cooking sprayed griddle over medium-high heat. Do NOT cook fully just a minute or two on each side. Just enough to cook but not crisp.

Remove bacon from griddle and set aside.

Spray mini muffin cups with oil/cooking spray.

Line the muffin cups with one piece of bacon each; wrapping it around completely.

In a small bowl (preferably one with a pour spout, I used a large liquids measuring cup) whisk the egg whites.

Stir in tomato and avocado. (Or any other filler ingredients you choose)

Season with Salt

& Pepper

Slowly pour egg mix into each bacon bouquet.

Top with Goat cheese crumbles.

Bake for 15 minutes or until all egg bouquets have set.

Remove and let cool slightly and plate them up.

Top with fresh basil.

Enjoy!!!

Serves 4 – Makes 16 Mini Muffin “Bouquets”

Ingredients:

16 Pieces Turkey Bacon

1 ½ Cups Egg Whites (I used the whites from 10 Eggs)

½ Roma tomato- Diced

½ Avocado- Diced

Goat Cheese

Salt & Pepper to taste

Fresh Basil

Pre-Heat oven to 350°F.

Remove bacon from griddle and set aside.

Spray mini muffin cups with oil/cooking spray.

In a small bowl (preferably one with a pour spout) whisk the egg whites and stir in tomato and avocado. (Or any other filler ingredients you choose)

Slowly pour egg mix into each bacon bouquet.

Top with Goat cheese crumbles.

Bake for 15 minutes or until all egg bouquets have set.

Remove and let cool slightly and plate them up.

Top with fresh basil.

Enjoy!!!

About these ads
This entry was posted in Breakfast, Sides and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Bacon & Egg Bouquets

1. Love how its wrapped in bacon..great presentation! Guests would be totally impressed too : )

2. the bacon doesn’t unroll..you have so many cute ideas

• Nope! It stays perfectly placed. The egg kind of “glues” it together. Some egg may spill out around the sides but it comes off easily if you want a cleaner look.
      Thanks! I appreciate the compliment, always thinking over here!

3. Good News Devotions says:

Looks like you’er not just a housewife, but a darn good cook.. Blessings… Bro Pat.

4. cruz2lose says:

These look wonderful! I am going to give them a try this week-end. Thank you! : )

5. mrjmflynn says:

These look so good. I’m a vegetarian but I’ll be trying these with Tempeh Bacon in the near future.

6. Hi PTHW – Fab’ post! These look a m a z i n g. I’m going to have to try them.
    x

7. Gary Lum says:

That looks so good. I. Want. Now. :-)

8. Jackie says:

Those are incredibly adorable and I’m kind of in love with them.

9. scillagrace says:

Wow! You put a lot of time and thought into this….I don’t think you’re any part-time blogger. I think you have a serious Sandra Lee tendencies! I admire how her work grew out of her life story. Really.

10. mznappylove1 says:

Now that sound look good

11. taniajessica says:

These look so appetising! :)

12. These do make for an amazing appetizer! I love how you assembled these and the great blend of ingredients. I am saving this recipe, thanks for sharing.

13. mrjmflynn says:

I’m going to be making my vegetarian recipe tonight as part of our dinner. I was thinking of just pairing with tater tots and having a sort of “breakfast for dinner” night but if you have any other suggestions on sides that I could serve with it, please let me know.

14. These look awesome! We love turkey bacon in our house and I think my family would like these. Very clever.

15. Pingback: And A Recipe… | mrjmflynn

16. mrjmflynn says:

I made the vegetarian version, not as pretty as yours but I posted the recipe here: http://mrjmflynn.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/and-a-recipe/

and of course, I gave you credit for the original.

17. Pingback: Tried & True Updates! – Part Time House Wife

18. bellegroveatportconway says:

I can’t wait to try this one! I am definitely going to add it to my bed and breakfast menu!! Thank you for the great post!

19. Looks so gorgeous! My little sister makes these with (regular bacon) over the Xmas holidays with our family so I always think of them fondly!!!

20. Pingback: Happy 1 Month Anniversary Part Time House Wife! – Part Time House Wife