Citrus Scallop Ceviche

It’s the first Friday of Lent for some. Since during Lent, Friday’s usually mean fish I’ll try to come up with fish recipes to help you “Lenters” along! This Ceviche is a refreshing way to enjoy some fresh scallops. The resort my husband and I stayed in for our honeymoon had THE WORLDS BEST CEVICHE. At least that was my opinion. I literally would order it for lunch, my snack, my appetizer and my dessert. I dream of that ceviche, this isn’t that recipe but I guess it will have to do! ;-)

This is seriously so easy! Who would of thought ceviche would be so easy to make?! And it’s nearly fat free to boot!

Ingredients:

10 Large Fresh Sea Scallops- Diced

¾ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice

¾ Cup Fresh Lime Juice

¼ Cup Orange Juice

½ Large Red Onion- Diced

2 Large Garlic Cloves- Minced (about 2 Tbsp.)

1 Avocado- Diced

1 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro- Minced

1 Roma Tomato- Diced

2 Tsp. Splenda or Sugar

Salt & Pepper to taste

In a non-reactive bowl (glass) combine all ingredients.

Mix well

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

I found I liked the flavor better the second day.

ENJOY!!!

Citrus Scallop Ceviche

Ingredients:

10 Large Fresh Sea Scallops- Diced

¾ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice

¾ Cup Fresh Lime Juice

¼ Cup Orange Juice

½ Large Red Onion- Diced

2 Large Garlic Cloves- Minced (about 2 Tbsp.)

1 Avocado- Diced

1 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro- Minced

1 Roma Tomato- Diced

2 tsp. Splenda or Sugar (Edited from Tbsp to Tsp)

Salt & Pepper to taste

In a non-reactive bowl (glass) combine all ingredients.

Mix well

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

*** Added tip- When serving use a slotted spoon to allow the juices to drain.

I found I liked the flavor better the second day.

ENJOY!!!

About these ads
This entry was posted in App A Teasers, Dinners, Lunch, Marinades, Sides and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Citrus Scallop Ceviche

1. Sundry says:

My mouth is watering!

2. mommywritervkent says:

Looks fantastic!

3. mommywritervkent says:

Reblogged this on TRUnique News & Matters and commented:
    Something for your tastebuds

4. brittney says:

Your pictures are beautiful and it looks delicious!

5. Kiri W. says:

I love ceviche, and scallops are such a fantastic treat. Looks wonderful!

6. PTHW – you need to wear sunglasses for this post. Awesome photography. Go you :-)

7. Pete Denton says:

That looks FANTASTIC! I am really hungry now :)

8. Jhuen says:

I’ve never had ceviche before but I adore scallops! Defo on my list to try! :)

9. El Pasticcio says:

Yummy! I am in love with scallops…this recipe looks so refreshing and tasting! beautiful!

10. Rebecca says:

Yum! Can’t wait to try this!

11. Kristina says:

Yum! I had a boring tuna sandwich on Friday…this looks soooo much better! I love the scallops, this look delicious!

12. This must be a Mexican style ceviche, since it also has tomatoes in it. Nevertheless, it looks amazingly delicious – I love that you used scallops! The only way I ever ate them was in rich cream sauces, but now I have a healthier alternative!

I am with you on having ceviche for every meal…and why not?! It’s fresh and healthy. Have you ever tried Peruvian style ceviche? If not, you must and tell me which you like better! :) Thanks for stopping by our blog!

13. Sandra says:

I understand about eating this for lunch, snack, etc.. I was in Costa Rica on vacation a while back and had it for the first time. I ended up eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Sooo good. I bought all of the ingredients today and it is in the frig cooking as I write this. I don’t like avocado so I added an extra tomato. Also added “Royal Reds” shrimp. Tasted the marinade and next time I will use less sugar. Never had it with orange juice but I like the addition. I can’t wait until it is ready. Thanks for bringing the memories back and for the recipe. Tip: after seafood cooks for two hours, drain the citrus off (that is if you have any left). If not, the seafood will continue to cook and become tuff.

• So glad you tried it! I actually meant to post to drain the citrus off and never did! oops sorry! Thanks for the review and tips! If you blog and decide to post about it be sure to link it back and I’ll feature it on the Tried and True page!
      Thanks for coming back and sharing!